Corset Lingerie in Cleveland
Corsets are worn to slim down the waist figure and accentuate the bust and hips area. Since way back in the 16th century, corsets have been gracing and enhancing the curvature of the body. It is a tight piece of lingerie that reduces the waist, usually with lace in the back or front to exaggerate the bust of the hips.
We have many different options for our corsets. Here are some things to think about when going to purchase a corset….
- Decide what type of boning you require in your corset. Plastic boning is the cheapest and most common type of boning found in modern corsets. If you're after a pretty top or something to impress in the bedroom, then go for this option. It's cheaper than other types and you will have plenty of designs and styles to choose from.
- Steel boning can comes 2 ways; spiral steel and flat steel. Spiral steel is more flexible than flat steel, and they are often both used in the same corset. This type of boning provides a lot more support than plastic boning and is usually much more comfortable.
- Do you want an underbust or overbust corset? Underbust corsets are far easier to buy off the rack than overbust corsets as they go by the waist measurement only, rather than waist and bust. Overbust corset covers the breasts, while an underbust corset stops just below them.
- Do you know the type of fabric you would like? There are many to choose from……Brocade which is more elaborate, taffeta which will give you a non-shiny material, satin which is very shiny or lace which is a bit dressier.
- Choose which way you would like the corset to be laced: Wire hooks, zips, laces, or large steel hooks.
- Take your measurements; we can do this at the store or you can bring in your measurements and our staff will help you pick out the right size.
What’s the difference between a corset and a bustier? Corsets and bustiers may look similar, but here’s the short answer -- a corset will "cinch," and a bustier will "boost." And this we will leave to your imaginations….!